HELP! Can't setup budget

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 31 12:25:01 EDT 2013

Hi,

Alexander Miller <ambler at shaw.ca> writes:

> Haha - pardon my Freudian mistype - "Gnash" instead of "Gnucash."
> Honest, it wasn't deliberate!

Two things to try:

1) Create a new data file and try to create a budget in there:
    File -> New File

2) If that doesn't work, try with a new user.  Create a whole new user
   on your system and from there you can try to create a new file and
   budget.

If neither #1 NOR #2 work then all I can suggest is upgrading your
gnucash to a version that's not almost 4 years old.  However if it WAS
working before then my first guess is that there's a configuration
problem preventing it from working now.  Test #2 would show that.  If #1
fails and #2 works then you can fix it by clearing out your gnucash
settings in gconf.