PHP based GnuCash Helper application

crafter pradesh at datacraft.co.za
Fri Nov 1 01:24:47 EDT 2013

I've created a PHP based application that allows me to browse my invoices,
select the invoice and create an ODF version from a template file created
using LibreOffice.

My eventual aim is to to capture my invoices directly into GnuCash, and use
the webapp to generate invoices and statements to customers. To date, I have
been capturing my invoice items twice, once in GnuCash, and again in my
invoice system, since I was not using GnuCash's invoice report.

My php web application has read-only access to the MySQL database.

As I went about this, I realised there was potential for greater
functionality in the webapp, for example,  generation of quotes, pdf
generation (currently under-way), email of invoices (under way), batch
invoices, access control, and so on,

I would like to find out if others see a need for such an application, and
if so, what additional functionalities would they be looking for in such a
system.

Thanks
Pradesh