FW: Gnucash query

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Nov 3 16:10:50 EST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, November 3, 2013 11:52 am, Helen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I hope you can help me resolve a problem with my Gnucash file.
>
> When I amend an entry, e.g. show it as cleared,  and use the Tab key to
> move
> across the columns I can't get any further than the Withdrawal column and
> then it seizes up. The only way to do anything else is to click on Save
> and
> it asks me if I want to save the changes to the transaction. If I want to
> check another line it seizes up again and the only way to progress is to
> go
> to File, Save As and save the transaction but say No to renaming the file.
> This is because Save is shaded out and not available to use the next time.
>
> This did not happen when I first started using the program.
>

> Help????

Most likely you had a dialog pop up sometime back asking if you wanted to
modify a transaction and you both checked the "don't ask me again" box and
then hit "cancel"..  So Gnucash is dutifully doing what you told it to do.
 You can reset this by:

  Actions -> Reset Warnings...

> Helen

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745