Cannot access 'Since last run' window

Rich Stanton richstanton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 04:09:52 EST 2013

>>/  Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 19:49:27 +0100
/>>/  From: Rich Stanton <richstanton at gmail.com  <https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user>>
/>>/  Subject: Cannot access 'Since last run' window
/>>/  Message-ID: <52505F37.3000407 at Gmail.com  <https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user>>
/>>/  Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
/>>/
/>>/  Anyone any suggestions for this? I've been noticing that some of my
/>>/  scheduled transactions haven't been appearing correctly, and wonder if
/>>/  it's related to the fact that when Gnucash starts, I have a gnucash icon
/>>/  on the taskbar, and 2 windows are visible when I hover over it. One is
/>>/  the main app window, the other is the 'since last run' window. Usually
/>>/  I'd 'OK' the 'since last run' window. However although it has a
/>>/  thumbnail on the taskbar, clicking on the 'since last window' doesn't do
/>>/  anything, and I can't get to it using alt-escape or alt-tab. I can get
/>>/  to the main app window fine.
/>>/
/>>/  Using 2.4.13 on win8.1 x64.
/>>/
/>>/  Thanks for any suggestions on how I can get to that window!
/>>/
/>
> Hi Rich,
>
> I had this problem also and it was definitely a multi-monitor issue for
> me.  To get to the window, hover over the gnucash icon, then Alt+space,
> press the 'm' key, then I had to arrowed up and the window came into
> view.  If Windows has stuck your 'Since last run' window to either side
> or above your "main" monitor, you might have to arrow left, right or down.
>
> This happened regardless of whether or not I have booted with an
> external monitor attached to my laptop.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Angela

We have a winner :-) Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry it took so long to reply. It's on my laptop, I have a multi-monitor setup at work, although I usually use gnucash at home, without the second monitor. It seems that the gnucash window had got stuck somewhere off to the side & this suggestion brought it back properly.

Thanks!