Gnucash File Import OFX

Charlie Morrison sail43 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 6 07:57:24 EST 2013

Using Gnucash 2.4.13 on Manjaro Linux.

Last update to aqbanking (aqbanking-5.0.25-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz) and
libofx (libofx-0.9.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz) received from pacman mirrors
resulted in a missing menu item: File > Import > Import OFX/QFX.
Downgrading to previous versions (aqbanking-5.0.25-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
and libofx-0.9.8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz) restores the menu item.  Note this
is not OFX DirectConnect, it is importing an OFX file into Gnucash.

Is the missing menu item in the latest version a bug or is OFX file
import going away?  I use the OFX import often so won't upgrade those
packages but wanted to make users/developers aware of the issue.  I'm
not savvy enough on linux yet to know if it is a problem with aqbanking
or libofx or both, or if it might be a packaging problem in arch.

Martin, if I need to submit a bug please let me know.

Thanks, Charlie