Automatic price quotes & PostgreSQL backend

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Nov 6 16:09:21 EST 2013

On Wed, November 6, 2013 3:56 pm, David wrote:
> No, I am xml, I just extended a related topic.  With SQL, there would not
> need to be locks outside the transactional ones of the RDBMS.

You would think so, but you would be wrong.

GnuCash loads all data into Core Memory at start time and runs it out of
there.  It does a full "database lock" to prevent a second instance from
writing into the database because the first instance would never see the
changes.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745