Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 17:55:27 EST 2013

Ploughing through adding in lots of stock related transactions.

I find that selecting the category from the drop down menu can takes
sometime if you have lots of opposing types of entry. For example, you may
enter broker commission which is at the top under 'Assets' then a capital
loss right at the bottom under, well let me get to that.

In order to reduce the number of categories and the above issue I used on
some occasions income cat for both income and loss. The most used one is
'Capital gains' which I have used for both losses and gains.

I can of course change this but wanted to know what would be the overall
effect, if any?

Thank you -