Corrupted a file now get "no suitable backend found"

Dennis Shimer dshimer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 09:12:59 EST 2013

Right, obviously lesson learned.  However let me expand a bit.  I was
thinking that since this is just a text file, I could open it in an editor
and change some errant text in the account names so thats what I did.  I'd
like to know the error in my logic. Is there some kind of connection that I
don't know about that goes beyond gnucash reading that XML file when
opening? Is there something in the account name (or other account)
attributes that are off limits to changing outside the gnucash environment?

In this case I'm on a 64bit Linux and edited the file with vi if that
matters.