Corrupted a file now get "no suitable backend found"

Dennis Shimer dshimer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 13:58:34 EST 2013

Bang! Got it.  All involved sent me in the right direction.  It was the
screwy keyboard that added some characters at the top of the file.  With
the idea of needing to check the XML and not knowing the best way I ended
up at.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash_XML_format#Validation

installed jing and ran as advised which yielded

FileName.gnucash:1:1: fatal: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Which I didn't have to understand much to realize I needed to look for
something bad at the beginning of the file. There it was, characters
outside all XML tags.

Thanks all