Saving a customized report.

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:07:05 EST 2013

On 18 Nov 2013, at 17:22, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Monday 18 November 2013 09:56:16 Cat P wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> At the moment you always have to change a report's name in order to be
>> able to save it. This also means that you cannot save further changes
>> to a custom report without changing its name first (even
>> temporarily). Apparently the developers are doing something about
>> that, so maybe no such workaround will be needed in one of the next
>> GC versions.
>>
>> Cat
>
> GnuCash 2.6 will indeed no longer require the extra step of renaming a
> report before it can be saved to custom reports.

Will there be a warning before an existing report is overwritten?

Will there be deletion and renaming options?

When adapting an original document (be it a word-processor file, a spreadsheet, or a program), let’s say it’s called “Report”,  I usually save my draft modifications as (e.g.) “Report - draft01”, “Report - draft02” etc. Once I’ve got the modifications working the way I want them, I delete the intermediate versions, and rename the definitive version “Report - MH”, leaving the original “Report” intact. This method is not supported by the current GnuCash user interface, the only option is to save with the modified name, leaving a trail of intermediate versions.

Michael