File Location

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:20:16 EST 2013

On 19 Nov 2013, at 19:17, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When you say that Gnucash won't run, is it that it says it can't open your data file on startup?
>
> I will assume that this is your situation. Gnucash always attempts to open the last file you accessed, and when you moved your files, it was unable to find that file any more. All you need to do is click through the error dialogue, locate your moved file, and open it (from the file menu). That should clear things up.
>
> If you are having some other issue, you'll have to be more specific.

Michael,

As you are a Mac user, I should warn you that if you double-click a GnuCash file on the desktop, GnuCash will open the file you last saved - which may not be the file you double-clicked. On the Mac, you must start GnuCash and then use the File menu to open any file that isn’t the one you last used.

Michael