Mortgage Payment in Cash Flow Budget

Dave Potts dave at goopot.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 16:40:13 EST 2013

Hi,

I've set up my personal accounts including a liability account for my
mortgage.  I get the point about mortgage payments not being an expense,
but rather reducing a liability.  However, I'd like to run a cash flow
forecast for the next twelve months that takes into account that my
mortgage repayments reduce my current assets (cash) as well as reducing my
liabilities (ignore interest payments to make things easier for now!)

I've created a budget and included the reduction in liabilities on the
mortgage each month.  What do I need to do to be able to get a correct cash
budget forecast from this set up please?

Thanks,

Dave.