reproducible reliability issues in 2.4.13

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Nov 23 00:14:12 EST 2013

--On November 22, 2013 11:46:27 PM +0100 Thomas Klausner
<tk at giga.or.at> wrote:

>> Or do "gzip --list *broken" and post the results.  I can tell if it
>> is triggering the bug by looking at the compressed length (whether
>> it is a just more than a multiple of 1024).
>
>   compressed uncompressed  ratio uncompressed_name
>       200710      2410963  91.6% 2013.gnucash.20131122.broken

That compressed length is 0x31006 according to my calculations.  This
will trigger the bug in libxml2 that I recently changed GnuCash to
circumvent.  This fix came just after the last release of the
experimental branch so it's not yet generally available.  Instead, if
you expand the file with gzip, the expanded version should open fine.
If you then make any change, the new version will probably be enough
different in size to avoid the problem.

             Mike