Automatic price quotes & PostgreSQL backend

Derrick Hudson dsh at dman13.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 23 08:27:45 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 04:35:17PM -0500, David wrote:
| One never knows if one is going to get back to it.
[...]
| Auto save should work consistently and globally.  If it did, I would
| not find, next day, a hanging GnuCash save before exit dialog from
| my 23:30 crontab script.  Auto-save failure is a universal worry,
| for data security and reliability.

My left hand has a habit of frequently pressing Ctrl-S, thus my data
is already saved before I leave my desk.  I often leave GnuCash open
for days at a time and have not encountered a problem with data not
being saved nor with autosave.

I just happened to notice (while verifying the preferences for my
an auto-save confirmation question.  I do not have that selected.
Perhaps that is relevant to your endeavor?

-Derrick