reproducible reliability issues in 2.4.13

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Nov 25 18:35:58 EST 2013

--On November 25, 2013 10:20:06 AM -0500 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
wrote:

> Do you know offhand when this bug was introduced into libxml?
> Or has it been there forever and we're only seeing it just now?

It's been there about 2 years.  The bug is in a function called
gz_next4 which was introduced eae526177 in September 2011.  At that
time this function was in xmlIO.c but since then it has been moved to
xzlib.c.  This first version already had the bug and the code hasn't
changed since then.  I think this code first appeared in release 2.8.0
in May 2012.

              Mike