Simple instructions to add my own quote source

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Nov 28 02:04:44 EST 2013

--On November 28, 2013 1:30:53 AM -0500 David Reiser
<dbreiser at icloud.com> wrote:

> One more flail from me, and I'm out of ideas. Have you added it to
> src/engine/gnc-commodity.c ? That, of course, means you get to
> rebuild gnucash from source, but it's the only other place I see with
> modules listed.

What version of GnuCash are you using?  I just looked at the Edit
Security dialog in the current version from Subversion and there seems
to be a bug which makes it impossible to select quote sources that
aren't built in to GnuCash.  That dialog has three pop up menus for
quote sources, Single, Multiple, and Other.  Each is supposed to have a
radio button to enable it, but there are only two radio buttons.  The
second one activates the second pop up, but has the tool tip for the
third one.  There seems to be no way to activate the last pop  up menu,
which is where your new quote source should be.  I doubt if this bug
applies to version 2.4.

If you edit the list mentioned above, then your quote source should go
into one of the other two lists.  This might at least circumvent the
bug until it is fixed.

             Mike