Creative accounting

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Oct 2 10:11:32 EDT 2013

>  The issues was how to take the Rent: Business and pass to the AR:
> Client so that it would reduce the overall receivable so that is would
> be my billed time - Rent: Business and that would reflect properly.
>
> So the questions was one of professional advice, but more an issue of
> how to encode the information in GC.

I'm afraid you didn't understand the gist of my questioning the
propriety of answering your question.

No, I cannot tell you whether that rent is a business expense or a
personal expense (according to the rules of the jurisdictions to which
you pay taxes) nor whether or how you might use "creative accounting" to
change how appeared in your books as opposed to how should appear.
Certainly not going to make suggestions about that in a public forum.

Understand now? You are working for somebody and they want to pay you
partly in cash and partly by giving you a discount on your rent. To me
that means you have questions way beyond "how do I enter using
gnucash?". To me the first questions to be asked are about how you might
want to make the transactions appear to the tax man.

Michael