how to install Gnucash in Linux Mint 13

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 3 06:00:54 EDT 2013

On 3 October 2013 02:46, Thelma Sabim <juramentada at thelmasabim.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
> I exchanged e-mails at Linux Mint forum to solved some problems with my
> sources.list. It seems that there one of the repositories was coded
> incorrectly.
>
> Now, back to GnuCash, following what Colin Law suggested.
> Here is what I got after running sudo apt-get install --reinstall gnucash

>  gnucash : Depends: libaqbanking34 (>= 4.99.2) but it is not installable
>            Recommends: gnucash-docs but it is not going to be installed

I presume you have already done
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
and that shows no errors (note, dist-upgrade, not just upgrade).
Then try
sudo apt-get install -f
that should try and fix the broken packages.  If it says it wants to
remove stuff pay attention to what it says before saying yes.  Come
back if you are not sure.

Colin