Report help

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Oct 3 15:22:27 EDT 2013

>>Wondering if anyone know of any reports similar to the Account Summary
>>-
>>Which can show the opening and closing balances, along with the totals
>>for the subaccounts ------------but I need to make up the report for a
>>specified time period (ex: one year of data).
>>I am just a legal secretary and I have been asked by my boss to do a
>>project for one of our clients.... a little bit out of my realm here.
>>

>Have you tried just running the account summary twice?  Once at the
>start date (for the opening balance) and then the end date (for the end
>balance)?
>
>-derek

Krystal,

    Are you sure it's something like the "accounts summary" you want?
    Usually, when what is wanted is a report showing beginning and
ending balances for a time interval (in this case a year) and that's
generally just all the "standing accounts" (in other words, the "Balance
Sheet" report) like Derek says, run twice, once for the start date and
once for the end date. And to go with that an "Income Statement" (aka
"Profit and Loss" aka "Revenue Statement" depending on the type of
entity for which the books are being kept) for that time interval which
shows all the "temporary accounts" (Income and Expense accounts) for the
time interval.

Michael