GNUCash 2.4.13 crash on startup

Dave Turner dct25-gnucash at mythic-beasts.com
Sun Oct 6 14:04:21 EDT 2013

On 6 Oct 2013 18:46, "A.J. Bonnema" <gbonnema at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 06/10/13 17:26, Dave Turner wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks for your suggestions.
>>
>> I'm having trouble with the VirtualBox idea - I don't have a windows
>> installation disk! My recent rebuild was off a recovery partition
>> which doesn't seem to be the same thing and I can't work out how to
>> make VirtualBox use this for installation.
>

> Without an installation disk, you are probably out of luck. You really
need an installation disk.
> If you dont need to actualize it (different word, hope you know what I
mean), maybe you can borrow one from a friend, just for the purpose of the
VM?

OK I'll try this. Not sure what it'll tell me tho: I'm sure it will work as
it's basically just installing it on another computer and we already know
it works elsewhere.

Is it worth attempting to build it from source here and debug it that way,
perhaps?

Cheers,

David