Cannot access 'Since last run' window

Angela Gear angelagear at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 21:44:15 EDT 2013

> Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 19:49:27 +0100
> From: Rich Stanton <richstanton at gmail.com>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Cannot access 'Since last run' window
>
> Anyone any suggestions for this? I've been noticing that some of my
> scheduled transactions haven't been appearing correctly, and wonder if
> it's related to the fact that when Gnucash starts, I have a gnucash icon
> on the taskbar, and 2 windows are visible when I hover over it. One is
> the main app window, the other is the 'since last run' window. Usually
> I'd 'OK' the 'since last run' window. However although it has a
> thumbnail on the taskbar, clicking on the 'since last window' doesn't do
> anything, and I can't get to it using alt-escape or alt-tab. I can get
> to the main app window fine.
>
> Using 2.4.13 on win8.1 x64.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions on how I can get to that window!

Hi Rich,

I had this problem also and it was definitely a multi-monitor issue for
me.  To get to the window, hover over the gnucash icon, then Alt+space,
press the 'm' key, then I had to arrowed up and the window came into
view.  If Windows has stuck your 'Since last run' window to either side
or above your "main" monitor, you might have to arrow left, right or down.

This happened regardless of whether or not I have booted with an
external monitor attached to my laptop.

I hope this helps.

Angela