Datestamp on Reports

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Oct 8 09:07:39 EDT 2013

I perhaps was being influenced by MY particular background in large
scale financial systems.

That's why I interpreted "date stamp for a run" to be somewhat arbitrary
relative to some REAL TIME date stamp. Thus we had the "date run"
assigned to all files created during the run for a single fiscal date
the same whether or not the run of that program took place before or
after midnight (systems processing a days activity took place from the
close of business till done some time before the morning of the next day
when brought up again to enter that day's activity). Or even at some
later date if a job had to be rerun to recreate some output (files would
be recreated with the ASSIGNED date of that run, not the date the rerun
took place).

Understand what was being prevented? If a job ran after midnight on
night and before midnight the next night and "real time" date stamps
were used there would be output files from different runs with the SAME
date stamp.

Michael D Novack