Printing Chart of Accounts

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:35:18 EDT 2013

On 9 Oct 2013, at 14:09, Dominic Grosleau <farbauti_19 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In gnucash 2.4.11 for linuxmint, how do I print the chart of account to printer??
>
> The print option is graayed out, and when trying to export in the only format available (xml) it comes out in a .gnucash file that libre office Calc cannot open properly.
>
> Please help as I am sittting down with accountant this afternoon and I need to bring him my draft CoA

Fast-and-dirty method - almost certainly could be improved!!

Reports->Account Summary

Then adjust the Options so that the date of the summary is before the first entry in your accounts (e.g. 01/01/1970), so every account will have a zero balance.

Tidy it up a bit by ticking the box marked "Omit zero balance figures" (in the Display tab of Options).

You might need to adjust other options to get the information you need.

Michael