Printing checks with custom chk file "unknown check field type 0"

Thomas Troesch ttroesch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 23:42:24 EDT 2013

Hello Keelan:

I've confirmed your problem using 2.4.12 (r22850M) on Ubuntu 13.04.

The order of the items in the file has nothing to do with your problem.

When you reordered the item fields you made other changes to the .chk file,
no doubt inadvertently.

The two lines

Type_3 = AMOUNT_WORDS
and
Type_5 = NOTES

have spaces at the end of the line only in the demo.chk file.  The
whitespace characters after the keyword and before the newline in the file
apparently causes the software to not match the keyword.

I think this is a bug - trailing whitespace characters should be removed
before testing for a keyword.  I would encourage you to create a bug report
in bugzilla for the problem.

The standard mantra applies:  If you are inclined and able, patches are
welcome.

Thomas