New account type

Ian Konen iankonen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:25:04 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:23:59 +0100
> Sam Liddicott <sam at liddicott.com> wrote:
>
>> and type-searching on the account selector only matches at
>> the start of the word so a unique portion of the account name can't
>> be used as a quick match.
>
> There are two ways to do this
> One set of people put a unique number series on their account names,
> and the others type E : Cl which expands to Expenses:Clothing in my
> accounts
> If you have Equity accounts as well as Expense accounts
> then Ex : Cl would expand to Expenses:Clothing.

Well, I don't about the OP, but I am extraordinarily grateful for this
tip.  I had figured out how to tab out of the last name in the account
hierarchy once I see it auto-expanding to the desired account, but
that only works at the lowest level of the hierarcy.  Ugh...to think
of all the times I unnecessarily typed the entire word "Expenses"
instead of hitting the colon key :-(.  Thanks, Liz