Load QIF files (from Quicken) Error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 21 11:53:44 EDT 2013

Hi,

"dhodge at regnervet.com" <dhodge at regnervet.com> writes:

> This morning I thought I'd try GnuCash.  After downloading the program
> and saving my Quicken db in a QIF format - I began loading the files
> and received the following:
>

> *        Line 107: Some characters have been discarded. Converted to: }_
>
> *        Line 126565: Some characters have been discarded. Converted to: }_
>
> * Line 126567: Some characters have been converted according to your
> locale. Converted to: Type:8<sv
>
> *        Account type: Unrecognized account type '}_'. Defaulting to Bank.
>
> *        Account type: Unrecognized account type '}_'. Defaulting to Bank.
>
> *        Transaction date: Unrecognized or inconsistent format.
>
> I don't find an option to review and deal with the error and move
> "forward".  Any suggestions?

What locale are you using?  It looks like the QIF file isn't UTF8.

As for the transaction date issue, find all entries that begin with a
'D' and look to see if they all have effectively the same format,
including the same 'y-m-d' format.  If you have a single empty or
invalid 'D' entry it would cause this error.