Gnucash file 'corruption' on Mac OS X

Eric Weigle eric.weigle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:25:17 EDT 2013

Hi John-

Thanks for the response. So far it's happened twice, both in the last month
or so. I actually hadn't tried gunzip on the Mac itself before, but doing
so I find the same behavior as on Linux. It properly uncompresses the file,
with no errors, and return code zero. It doesn't print any errors even with
the verbose (-v) flag. But nonetheless, gnucash steadfastly refuses to open
the original file.

Anything else I might try?

Thanks
-Eric