Business Module - Reassing payments to invoices - how to?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Oct 22 08:01:43 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 22 October 2013 13:10:39 Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> With the gnucash unstable tree (2.5), the business module is
> advertised to sport the feature "Existing Transactions may be
> reassigned as invoice payments", which is great, as it allows to
> properly process automatic debit transfer system payments.
>
> However, trying to try that, I cannot find out how to reassign a
> payment to an invoice. Can somebody point me or am I just thick?
>
> I appreciate your help, cheers,

Last time I tried this, it worked as follows:
Find the payment transaction in your asset account (Checking, Cash,
whatever)

Right-click the payment and select "Assign as payment..." in the
dropdown menu.

The catch is though that this is only implemented for the old style
register (to which we will revert for the 2.6 release).

Until this has been reverted/fixed, you can open your asset account in
the old style register. This can be done by selecting the account in the
account hierarchy and then select "Edit -> Old Style Register Account".

Geert