Proper Way To Enter A Transaction

John Donnee jdonnee at ec.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 14:49:54 EDT 2013

Moving from a PC using another accounting system to a new iMac.

I have set up all of my accounts using the auto set up feature.

Here is my question.

1. I create an invoice and specify an "Income" account.
2. Payment comes in and I want to post it.
3. I go to Process Payment and find the Invoice.
4. I apply the payment and the payment screen wants to "Post to the Accounts Receivable folder". I also select my Checking Account in the Transfer window
5 I save the transaction and the money shows up in the Checking Account and as a negative number in the Accounts Receivable folder/account
6. It DOES NOT show up in my Income account where I want it to also show up in addition to the Checking Account.

What am I doing wrong? I could not find an example of a transaction in the Help file.

Thanks

John Donnee

910.622.8111
8422 Emerald Dunes Rd.