Connecting to BoA (California)

G. Paul Ziemba pz-gnucash-user at ziemba.us
Thu Oct 24 14:27:24 EDT 2013

soccupiesla at gmail.com (S Angeleno) writes:

>I would provide logs, but I googled and tried to follow advice about
>setting the AQOFX_LOG_COMM environment variable to 1 to enable logging
>and I couldn't figure out how to get that to work. Does anyone have any
>suggestions? Perhaps I should be asking the aqbanking mailing list?

The syntax for csh-like shells would be:

    % setenv AQOFX_LOG_COMM 1
    % gnucash

for sh-like shells, you could use

    $ AQOFX_LOG_COMM=1 gnucash

This should cause your OFX communications to be logged to /tmp/ofx.log.

This file WILL CONTAIN YOUR OFX USERID+PASSWORD, so handle carefully.

The error messages in the responses in this file can sometimes
be useful in pinpointing the problem.
--
G. Paul Ziemba
FreeBSD unix: