? Corruption of reconciliation history

DGPickett dgpickett at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 16:24:40 EDT 2013

Similarly, I had an account where I had been replacing reconciled
transactions with copied more accurately split ones, and it was off even for
the first transaction, which seems like a bug.

Since the imbalance must be coming from deleted reconciled transactions down
the time line, I made a fake transaction with a very low date, reconciled it
using whatever balance worked and redated it way down the time stream.  Now,
by changing that balance, I can get any reconciliation to work with the real
balance of any date.  Once things are all reconciled again, I cannot delete
that fake or they go off balance.

There should be a way to zap the account back to all 'n' with $0 balance
reconciled, so it can be re-reconciled.  I was sad to see repair did not do
this.  I wish I was back on mySQL, so i could fix it, but on Ubuntu the xml
seems to be required.