Reconciliation: Incorrect Starting Balance

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 27 12:49:51 EDT 2013

On 27 October 2013 16:12, David <dgpickett at aol.com> wrote:
> When I reconcile the very first by date transaction of $n, creating a
> running balance of $n, I should never be told there is $6.37 already
> balanced, unless there is a hidden transaction or split with an earlier
> date, but there it is.

Sorry, don't know what you mean by reconcile the very first by date
transaction.  Have you unreconciled all the other transactions?
Remember the Starting Balance shown on the reconcile dialog includes
all reconciled transactions, not just ones before any particular date.
 Please describe exactly what you are doing when you reconcile the
first transaction.  What does the Starting Balance in the reconcile
dialog show? What value are you putting in for Ending Balance?  What
do you do next and what happens?

Colin