Equity:Opening Balances displays number of stocks rather than monetary value

Shane Drower-Copley bluekable at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 09:01:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have added an opening amount of stock and transferred it to
Equity:Opening Balances. When I go to the Opening Balances account
however I find that the transaction is recorded using the number of
shares rather than the monetary value that they are worth.

Also, the only place I find the actual monetary value of the stock I
own, is under the accounts tab (if I enable the "Total(ZAR)" option
from the drop down arrow that determines what headings will be
displayed). I do not find any record of the monetary value in my
"Brockerage Account:Stock:Satrix stock" account. In this account, I
have 70 shares but the price is 1 so the balance is simply 70. I have
however set the price of these stocks with the price editor and it
does seem to display the correct monetary value in my "Brokerage
Account" and "Brokerage Account:stock" Totals.

It seems the values displayed in the various totals of the accounts
tab are correct (except for the equity opening balances account) but
the values recoded in the actual transaction (The transaction between
"Satrix Stock" and "Opening Balances") do not display the correct
price and as such do not record the monetary value under balance.

Any help would be appreciated
Shane