QIF Import automatically assign Transactions

Matt.Garrett at shell.com Matt.Garrett at shell.com
Tue Oct 29 12:22:17 EDT 2013

Folks

I am very new to GNUCash so this might be a very simple question / answer

I can download my Bank Transaction in to QIF format and import them without any issues.
However on the Match payess/memos to GnuCash accounts I can specify each transaction about 300 odd manually to a GNU Account name
However most of the payess are the same
e.g
FASTER PAYMENTS RECEIPT FROM AN Other 2000000000*******4 REFERENCE 26 FLAT, 205.00GBP

Is there a way to get GnuCash to automatically Specify which account this should be assigned to  in the import stage ?

Any suggestion would be very welcome.

Matthew

FYI
Platform                       Windows Vista SP2
GnuCash version           2.4.13