GAAP Indirect Statement of Cash Flows

David Kang dnk1 at precisionpei.com
Tue Oct 29 02:02:47 EDT 2013

Good Evening Everyone,

My apologies if this has been answered but I can't find anything in the
archives or via Google queries that indicate how to do this.  How does one
generate an indirect statement of cash flows from Gnucash?

In other words, instead of a "money goes into selected accounts" and "money
goes out of selected accounts" statement, I would like a statement that's in
line with GAAP.

Thanks,

David

Specifically, I would like to get:

Net Income
+ Depreciation
+ Amortization
+ Decrease (increase) A/R
+ Decrease (increase) Inventory
+ Increase (decrease) A/P
Net Cash Flow from Operating Activities (CFO)

- Capital Expenditures
- Investments
+ Other Cash Provided (Consumed by) Investing Activities
Net Cash Flow from Investing Activities (CFI)

+ Increase (decrease) in Long Term Debt
+ Increase (decrease) in Short Term Debt
Net Cash Flow from Financing Activities (CFF)

Net Change in Cash

Cash, Beginning of Period
Cash, End of Period