Automatic price quotes & PostgreSQL backend

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Oct 29 19:08:42 EDT 2013

On Tue 29 October 13 09:20:16 David wrote:
>  Checking out http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_quote
> I see:
>
>  Warning About Open Files
> Updating quotes will modify the GNUCash file/database. As multi-user access
> is not supported (as of 2.4), the file/database should be closed prior to
> updating quotes.
>

> so it seems a bit hazardous.

Hi,

I'm not a developer, but I've done a bit of cron-job script hacking over the
years, and I'd have thought that a crude check for a running gnucash process
and aborting the update if one is detected would be a sufficient safety net,
possibly with a warning email that the daily update has been skipped...

0.02
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542