GAAP Indirect Statement of Cash Flows

Christopher Singley csingley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 02:24:50 EDT 2013

Cheers David, let me know if you have any trouble setting it up.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2013, at 6:19 PM, Christopher Singley <csingley at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Statement of cash flows is not esoteric "featuritis" cluttering up a
> > program - it's GAAP - invaluable for management, and for investors to
> > detect financial fraud.
>
> Yeah, that's not our target market. Gnucash is aimed squarely at
> individuals and sole proprietorships. If you're worried about investors and
> financial fraud, Gnucash isn't
> the right program for you.

I hear you, and I can't imagine this is a top priority... but if you've
ever operated a sole proprietorship involved in selling tangible objects
rather than intangible services, you will not need me to explain the
critical importance of cash flow analysis.  It's really a business use vs.
personal use distinction, not a big business vs. small business distinction.

Anyway thanks for the software guys, it's a pretty impressive piece of work
and I've started using it.  Hopefully it's not too irritating having folks
coming around reporting that "the product failed after I loaded it with 10x
the weight it's rated for!"

Cheers,
cs

P.S.  I thought I heard about plans to implement payroll functionality in
Gnucash.  Is that still a thing?  I'd be happy to help if I could.