unable to retrieve Indian stock quotes

ajay trivedi aitrivra at msn.com
Wed Oct 30 19:23:47 EDT 2013

HiI am using gnucash 2.4.11, with activeperl 5.16, and latest finance quote packages installed on a win 7 pro. HP netbook. I did not have problems with indian stock market quotes using yahoo asia and amfi till sept 2013. but when i tried to get quotes recently while visiting USA, i get "unable to retreive quotes" message for all stocks / funds. last time such a thing happened was with indian mutual fund quotes when source - amfi changed their format. Has yahoo also done something similar? does finance quote need revision for this to work? My source settings have not changed, nor the symbols, and time zone is set to "use local time". trying ABB.NS with yahoo asia (or yahoo USA) on their finance websites gives me the quote correctly but price editor does not show the value at all.please help!