printing from gnucash accounts

paul retallack islander16 at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 2 19:10:57 EDT 2013

hello all,
   we are new to gnucash and wish to use it to keep track of income and
expenditures for our rental condo.
   we have had no trouble downloading gnucash and entering information
for the first few months. now we wish to prepare and print off a few
pages of income and expenses as a backup to work accomplished. we are
aware that gnucash forms are.xml and are read-only. therefore, as we
understand it, to be able to print, we will have to transform the
gnucash files to html or pdf files. however, we have no idea how to
accomplish that task.
  we originally downloaded gnucash to my linux(kubuntu 12.04) desktop
but my wife is not comfortable with linux so we downloaded another copy
to her windows7 laptop and all prepared files are there.
   anybody know what we do next. ANY help would be appreciated. cheers.
paul.