Customizing invoices for Australia

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 3 12:56:14 EDT 2013

Hi,

"kp63 at exemail.com.au" <kp63 at exemail.com.au> writes:

>>Why do you enter the details twice?<
>

> First you have to  create the invoice using the "new invoice" and ledger.
> Then you have to open the custom report, find the invoice (which you need to
> search for) through the invoice number and apply the invoice details to the
> template
> Before you print or export the report to attach to email for the client.
>
> It's double handling .If the "find invoice" was a little simpler it would
> much quicker.
> I can do this just as quickly with an external template.

There are some changes in development to make the searching a bit
faster, where you can just type in the number and it will quick-search.
But I'm not 100% sure that will apply to reports.

Another trick I've used is to keep the report "open".  Then all you need
to do after you post the invoice is switch to the open invoice report
tab, click on "report options", select the just-posted invoice, and then
voila, ready to print in ~30s or less.