help for beginner; Orphan and imbalances

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sun Sep 8 22:40:05 EDT 2013

The OP mentions splits. What he describes is the behaviour I'd expect if
the transaction that was copied from to do the autofill was a split
transaction. Then changing the total for the transaction would create an
orphan or imbalance. There's not much else GnuCash can do.

The fact that the copied transaction is a split should show up by the
transaction being marked -- Split Transaction -- in the Transfer column
in the Basic Ledger view.

More haste, less speed.

Peter