Rounding in GnuCash 2.4.13

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 07:19:42 EDT 2013

My principal currency is Swiss Francs (CHF or SFr.).  Since a CHF 0.01 coin
costs more than its face value, it is customary in Switzerland to round
everything to the nearest CHF 0.05.  The easiest way to handle this in
GnuCash would be to set each CHF account to a "Smallest fraction" of 1/20.
According to section 2.4.1 of the  GnuCash Design Document
<http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/texi/gnucash-design_4.html>  , this
would appear to be possible, but in the v2.4.13 GUI this is a fixed dropdown
list containing only powers of 10 (1/10, 1/100).
Is there some configuration file I can edit to add 1/20 to this list?
Failing that, I will have to enter a transaction to correct or account for
each rounding.  What kind of account should I use to balance such a
transaction?