possible to download my orders from PayPal?

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 06:07:19 EDT 2013

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I do not use any business features of Gnucash, but I will hazard the guess that Gnucash will not address your needs, as stated.
>
> Gnucash supports a limited number of import formats (such as OFX and QIF). I don't know of any such standard for the kind of information you are hoping to import.
>
> I see that PayPal offers an export report in some sort of spreadsheet format; you would have to use that in conjunction with a spreadsheet-to-qif converter for any transactions, the result of which would be importable as a QIF. However, there is no support for importing customer information, as far as I know. Furthermore, Gnucash is not an inventory control software package. For those features, you'd have to write the code.
>
> David

As far as I can tell PayPal allows you to download transaction data in CSV format and GnuCash has a CSV import facility so transaction import is possible.

There's also http://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=guide section 17.1 where CSV data can be used to create bills or invoices.

These may provide a partial solution, but as David says though GnuCash is not an inventory system.

MikeE