gnucash-user Digest, Vol 126, Issue 18

Andrew Greig pushin.linux at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 07:28:58 EDT 2013

> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:19:30 +0100
> From: "Fred Bone" <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: Question Regarding Sending Invoices Via Email
>
> On 13 September 2013 at 10:05, Buddha Buck said:
>
> > Is it a sign of dedication to purpose or a sign of slow development effort
> > that, after 15 years, GnuCash has refuted Zawinski's Law: ?Every program
> > attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so
> > expand are replaced by ones which can.?
>
> I suspect that the usual "patches welcome" mantra just might not apply in
> this instance ...

Hi Fred,
The usual mantra is really worthwhile, I was expecting it, but as I am
not a programmer, and try as I might I cannot get my head around scheme
or any other language, for that matter.  The most important feature now
in terms of business use is to automatically create an invoice in pdf,
and to make it look "bloody fantastic" into the bargain.  It could even
sport a "Invoice created by gnucash" by line.  One could certainly Print
straight to a printer but a copy of the formatted Invoice could go to a
nominated directory.  Emailing the invoice directly to a a customer
would be outstanding.  This is, in essence, my wish list.

Andrew Greig