why gc invoices are not lacking

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Sep 16 17:41:27 EDT 2013

>I am very interested in all the talk about Latex, but I would have to
>see someone else do it first to understand, does anyone have a how to
>for that?
>
>Thanks, Bob

I think people need an explanation. Not just you Bob, but your question
will serve as the example.

Bob, when you want to write up a document you use some word processor,
maybe Windows Word, maybe LibreOffice, etc. You had to learn how to use
this editor, especially if you wanted attractive documents. Now that's
reasonably attractive, not really fancy as would be used in a type set
book where (just an example) not all dashes the same length, etc..

Well LaTex is that next step up in pretty text formatting. And yes you'd
have to learn how to use it just like you learned how to use whatever
text processor you use now. And yes maybe a bit more of a learning curve
because all of the "pretty print" capabilities. But THAT is exactly what
is wanted here, something that can produce those invoices just as
prettily printed as those form a large corporation.

The point is that it would be "reinventing the wheel" to put all that
pretty print capability into gnucash itself when a pretty print editor
already exists in LaTex (essentially the industry standard for
pre-compositor editing).

Michael

PS: And yes of course, "How to use LaTex" books exist.