Migrating Gnucash to iMac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 17 10:23:06 EDT 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Bruce Schindler <bruceschindler at gtmc.net> wrote:

> I put it in the Home folder. The Gnucash search function found the folder, but showed nothing in it. At the moment, it is on my desktop. Gnucash sees my desktop and can see the Parallels app but nothing else.
>
> I did the procedure via Terminal to be able to see otherwise 'invisible' files for system, etc. That was the only way I could find the folder in the first place.

You've misunderstood advice P.S. gave you. He didn't mean the ".gnucash" folder containing your preferences, he meant your accounts file, which ends with ".gnucash"--I would have said "foo.gnucash". Gnucash can't open the .gnucash folder, it's not an accounts file.

If you want to keep your settings from Windows, you can copy or move the *contents * of .gnucash, *not the folder*, to ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash, overwriting the current contents.

Regards,
John Ralls