Questions Regarding Backup and Stopping Gnucash

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Sep 22 22:23:38 EDT 2013

Peter and Robert,

Yes, I save often. Also, the Linux version also has the option to set a
save interval, which I have set at 5 min. Thanks for the tips!

So, I guess forgetting to close down gnucash is not so bad, as all the data
for that day is saved on the disk every 5 min.

I would like to find a way to kill gnucash from the command line to get rid
of the pesky lock files in the event I have to restore from a backup. Any
suggestions on how to gracefully kill gnucash from the command line?

Thanks,

Mark