Questions Regarding Backup and Stopping Gnucash

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 23 00:34:51 EDT 2013

killall gnucash

Or, if you must do it the hard way:

if ps ax | grep -q 'gnu\cash'; then kill `ps ax | awk '/gnu\cash/ {print
$1}'`; fi

The '\' is a trick to stop the grep from matching itself in the ps output.

The above won't work on OS X, because the running gnucash is called
Gnucash-bin. Changing the matches to Gnu\cash-bin will probably work as
desired on OS X.

Similarly,

killall Gnucash-bin

Peter