Questions Regarding Backup and Stopping Gnucash

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 23 00:56:22 EDT 2013

As Buddha Buck suggested, using kill/killall (sending the default
SIGTERM) leaves the lock file in place, and so almost certainly would
leave any unsaved changes unsaved.

Putting a command into the shutdown script to remove the lock file(s)
would be relatively easy. Saving unsaved changes could only be fixed
inside GnuCash.

Peter