Questions Regarding Backup and Stopping Gnucash

Jack Halem jack at dlxcompany.com
Mon Sep 23 12:59:08 EDT 2013

It is not OS Dependent as far as I know.
You must "manually" set it to zero.

I do it differently.
I have a WIP (work in process) file.
Once I am assured that I haven't made any mistakes I copy it to my
archived file.
I get to try out things without ruining my archived GNU Cash file.
After failing with GNU Cash for well over two years, I finally used
"common sense" and accepted that it is a free program that I can share
with my tax preparer or whoever.